Pregnant jack dempsy??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bio-luver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently I've been seeing my jack dempsey that I believe is female acting really over protective and chasing all the other fish in the tank. She's been hiding a lot and keeps to herself. There are 2 other jack Dempseys in the tank that I also believe are MALES so there is the possibility of her being pregnant.... I have some pictures of her, and she has a big stomach. I know they lay eggs so they don't give birth to live fish, but still, her stomach is hugeeee

Attachments

• image-3593453429.jpg
    image-3593453429.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 868
  • image-1336696712.jpg
    image-1336696712.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 511
  • image-3974902633.jpg
    image-3974902633.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 277
What size tank and how old are these fish. You know they can't get pregnant but I reckon it may be bloat . What's your feeding schedule like? Are her fins pine coning?

Samzter said:
What size tank and how old are these fish. You know they can't get pregnant but I reckon it may be bloat . What's your feeding schedule like? Are her fins pine coning?

Well my tank size is 30 gallons and I've had the fish for about a month or 2. The feeding schedule is just 1 a day. And what do you mean by "pine coning"?

Samzter said:

And this is only 1 of my jack Dempseys, I have 2 others.

Back
Top Bottom