Pregnant Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCsellars24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello. we are beginer fish people:fish2: we bought a fish tank for fun and we LOVE having fishies!!
we have 6 lyretail mollies. 2 of each kind. we have dalmation, white, and orange mollies. we enjoy sitting infront of our tank just watching our millies chase each other and hind in the decorations we bought them. :fish1:
right now i believe all three of our females are pregnant. one of the orange ones was pregnant when we bought her and the damlation and other orange mollies look like they our bairly pregnant!! not to sure what to do with the females since this is our fist time, we would really appreciate the advice :thanks:

:dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site.

There's a bunch of different answers to that question and it depends on what you want to do but a 10g is a bit small to raise fry and maintain 6 mollies IMO. I would either invest in a bigger tank, and keep the 10 as a nursery if breeding is your interest or just leave them and most if not all of the fry will likely be eaten. Sounds cruel but it's all 'circle of life' type stuff. Breeding is much different than just enjoying the fish and involves a lot more care.

Personally I would leave them and see what happens. If you do end up with some new fishies your LFS may take them especially if you give them to them free. :)

Back
Top Bottom