Pregnant molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanshawn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So we just started up a fish tank about three weeks or so ago. i have a dalmation molly that has gotten a really fat belly and now she is acting really weird. i don't know if she is pregnant or sick. Can anyone help me?:confused:

Pics of my molly

I tried to get some good ones. i hope they work.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 93
Looks like another half week, almost there (nice lookin Molly you got there too lol)

Woohoo! I'm going to be a grandma LOL. Thanks so much for the comment!! i will post pics of the fry for everyone to see. Oh should i seperate her or just leave her

Who else is in the tank? Do u have plants? Lol she can birth either way, but adding plants like java moss for them to hide in really helps

Interesting with the rust spots on your molly. Mine had the same markings (girl who scooped her up checked for like 3 minutes to make sure it wasn't a disease). Mine two mollies gave me 24 and 8 within a couple days of each other. Gravel+plants/decor+not many adult fish = most are in good shape to survive

Well for some reason my pregnant Molly died. I don't know if she was too stressed or what. The male Molly kept bumping her and bugging her. Could that be the cause? All my other fish are doing great.

She might have been stressed out from the male, or just the pregnancy.

Sorry about your molly :(

Back
Top Bottom