Pregnant molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Machu75

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am trying to decide if my new Molly is pregnant or not. Is she just chubby? I have had her for two-three weeks now and I thought she would have had babies by now. She is in a tank by herself. There are some fake plants in the aquarium. I'm confused.

Attachments

• image-1200221432.jpg
    image-1200221432.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image-3953352955.jpg
    image-3953352955.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image-1650009513.jpg
    image-1650009513.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 57
I am trying to decide if my new Molly is pregnant or not. Is she just chubby? I have had her for two-three weeks now and I thought she would have had babies by now. She is in a tank by herself. There are some fake plants in the aquarium. I'm confused.
First of all, hi and welcome to AA!!!. She definitely pregnant alright and I would say she is very close to giving birth, no more that a week away. She seem to squaring off nicely. She will be pregnant for 4wks, every 4wks. She only needs to say hello to a male and she will be pregnant...haha. They can also store sperm for a few months usually around 3, so she can be pregnant even with no male around....

Thanks. I feel like she will never give birth.

Thank for the advice. We have babies!!!

Attachments

• image-660162882.jpg
    image-660162882.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 54
I found them this morning and took momma out. They are in a 2.5 gallon tank. I am feeding them first bites. Any suggestions on a better food?

I found them this morning and took momma out. They are in a 2.5 gallon tank. I am feeding them first bites. Any suggestions on a better food?
No, your doing everything perfect. First bites is a great food, I use it with my fry. Just keep an eye on the water quality as they grow. Ideally you should have a bigger tank for them but after about 4-6wks, they should be big enough for you main tank. As long as they are bigger than your biggest fishes mouth, they will be fine. As they are young, they will be sensitive to poor water but you are definitely on the right track. You could look into a food called Repashy gel food. It comes in a community and meat pie variety versions. I use both, in rotation. I use this after about 2wks. I mix some of the first bite power into it. The fry go mad for it...
I use a corycat in my fry tank to clean up any left over food....

Congrats on the fry! Im waiting for my girl to pop. Hopefully it wpnt be for much more than a week til i have some babies myself

Back
Top Bottom