Pregnant Molly??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lacyknicole

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Dalmatian Molly and a black Molly. I think the black Molly is a male and the Dalmatian Molly is a female. I read on this site about their breeding rituals because I think that is what they are doing.
They have been chasing each other a lot and the black Molly will swim under the Dalmatian and poke her underside.
I’m not 100% sure the genders and I’ll include pictures so maybe someone can tell me if I’m right.
I only have the two Mollies(my other two recently died), my tank is 10 gallons and is fully cycled and regulated.

Attachments

• 0DAF6074-DFFC-496B-AFCC-070B30FD4E74.jpg
    0DAF6074-DFFC-496B-AFCC-070B30FD4E74.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 38
  • AF623FB4-A2B5-49B4-AA8A-7514E4C28737.jpg
    AF623FB4-A2B5-49B4-AA8A-7514E4C28737.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 41
Oh yes (y) You are correct about the genders, and yes, the black Molly is enjoying himself :cool:
If you plan on getting another female, good on you. If not, I would recommend doing so, because you leave dalmatian Molly will get stressed out by him sooner than later.
Be prepared for many Molly babies to come! :ROFLMAO:

:flowers:

Thanks! I do plan on getting 1 or 2 more females today as the female(Oreo) does seem stressed out and tired a lot of the time. Do you have any ideas on what to do with the babies once they are here? I heard that most pet stores do not want more mollys but I do not have the space or resources to keep them.

I am lucky enough to have a pet store that gives me store credit for mine. When she doesn't have room however, Petco takes them as a donation, and when they sell them, the money is donated to help animals in need.

:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom