Pregnant molly or just got round belly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amy87

Aquarium Advice Regular
A friend gave me a few molly fry about a month ago. Say fry I'm not sure how only but were only just over 1cm long at the time they now about 2cm maybe little more. Noticed couple days ago one has a more round belly then the rest but it looks like I only have females from what I can see . Is she just a porker?

image-1137751056.jpg

They are too young to breed. I would separate the males and females. She most likely ate too much. If too much food, feed a unshelled cooked pea. That will clear it up in short order

See one of the things that confuse me is I trying my hardest but I can't seem to see any males. I'm checking every day but they all look female to me. She just a greedy fish lol. Thanks

Oh that is easy to sex them

Here is a picture of a male. The females fin will look like a fan, the males well it condensed and looks like a well you know:blink:. I would feed a pea, and cut down on the feeding. They can die from over eating. called bloat.

Attachments

• maleplaty.jpg
    maleplaty.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 243
I don't over feed they get a pinch every other day. And I will find a pea.

That little molly just looks in good condition to me, judging by what you feed I think that sounds ok. Peas are good tho mine love them :)

Keep an eye on them. I have some platy fry that I thought were both female for a few (4?) months. Then suddenly I saw one was a male! :)

My friend listen here i have almost a hundred baby mollies right now, that mooly is just a bit to young to breed nd if it has babies it will only be one or two if that ...

Back
Top Bottom