Pregnant molly question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love your guppy. Quick question how old do the fry have to be before they start to have babies.

I love your guppy. Quick question how old do the fry have to be before they start to have babies.

I think at about 3 or 4 months. Google it to make sure. I have read that you should keep the males away from the females for a while after they are able to get pregnant. It lets the female grow bigger and she will be better able to birth healthy fry. If she gets pregnant right off the bat it can stunt her growth, make her birth too early, and I even read that she can die.

Ok we'll I don't want that to happen.

If you have a big tank or a lot of other females I wouldn't worry about it too much. The male will be distracted. You want to keep your males thinned out too. For every two to 3 females you will want one male.

I also read that if they keep breeding with their relatives they will have problems. I think they will have deformities.

Ok I found out it is about 4 to. 5 months when they start to breed. But I didn't know inbreeding could cause this in fish. Ill have to check that out.

Congrats I'm still waiting for the molly to give birth. She has became more squared off. She basically looks like she has swallowed a brick whole.

Congrats I'm still waiting for the molly to give birth. She has became more squared off. She basically looks like she has swallowed a brick whole.

Ok I was wrong the one in the picture didn't birth. Another one did though. I didn't even think she was ready. She was not big before and now her belly looks a little sunk in.
The other one looks days away and I have two swordtails that look a week or days a way.

What type of fish do you have in their

3 opaline Gouramis
2 gold gouramis
3 pictus catfish
6 red glass tetra
7 tiger barbs young ones
1 pleco
1 Chinese algae eater
1 Cory cat
2 kulih loaches

It's going to get crowded if I let those tiger barbs get full sized in there, but I have a 60 gallon that I'm waiting till I buy a house to set up and use.

All I have are 3 mollies and a Pelco I have to save up for a bigger tank and more fish. Hopefully I can sell some of the baby fish in the garage sell my folks are having soon.

All I have are 3 mollies and a Pelco I have to save up for a bigger tank and more fish. Hopefully I can sell some of the baby fish in the garage sell my folks are having soon.

That's a good idea but you won't be able to get a lot for them. I'd find out what petco sells them for and ask half of what they sell them for.

Here is my 29 gallon.

Attachments

• image-2612076672.jpg
    image-2612076672.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 36
Oh and one more thing in my tiny town there are only 2 places to get mollie the molly pet shop for $3.29 each tax and all. And the other place is like $3.30 each so I'd be selling cheaper than anyone else and I'd actually take care of them as we'll.

Back
Top Bottom