pregnant or bloated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterashley

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been waiting for amost a month but i fant tell if she is pregnant or bloated...
This is Dolly

ForumRunner_20130512_172304.jpg

ForumRunner_20130512_172431.jpg

ForumRunner_20130512_172313.jpg

And one more.. sorry that the pictures come out sideways im not sure why. In my phone they are perfectly fine... the 3rd picture is Fin she is also big. I just cant tell if its pregnancy or bloating

Yeah i know.. they have been round like this for a little over a month now . The rest are all skinny so im beginning to think they are just fat lol i separated one because she had a box shape starting and nothing happened... idk.. maybe one day ill just have some mystery fry and they will have slimmed down

I bought 3 mollys last year from the petstore. Turns out 2 of them were pregnant females and the next day they both had fry....i had about 40 fry total after i put them all in the breeding box...im betting all the female mollys at the petstore are pregnantXD but since then one of my females died and i have one left and she hasnt had fry since. Im thinking the only reason she hasnt is because shes too stressed out

Go get her a friend :) mine are all females from what i cant tell.. i got rid of the males about a month ago because they were being so aggressive that the females would literally hide from them and chunks of their fins were missing :/ ive tried a few different males since then but they seem very picky and dont really care for them much.. idk why.. they dont accept new fish of their size very well so im stuck with guppies lol

I never had guppies so idk if theyre good or bad XD yeah my female is like a tank though she survives...this sounds weird but i think all the silver molly babys she has are female and that's mostly what i have but the other male fish don't really bother them

I have always had guppies.. they were my starter fish when i was younger.. never had a problem between my guppies and have had.. danios, swordtails, platies, and mollies of all different sorts

Back
Top Bottom