Pregnant platty?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie126

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is my red platty pregnant? It has big stomach.... Here's a pic....

Attachments

• image-3445703610.jpg
    image-3445703610.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 124
Thats exactly how all my platies look right now and i have fry in my tank right now. So yes your red platy is pregnant, and due soon by the looks.

I just got her about a week ago at petco.... She most have got pregnant their

From the picture ( which im looking at on my phone so don't hold me to it) I don't see any gravid spot. She looks bloated, not pregnant.

You could also be right, but she looks pretty stretched. I dont see a gravid spot either but the angle and also being on a phone makes it difficult. One way to find out is to wait and see what happens.

Doesnt have to be due to over eating. She may be sick and bloated but from the looks of it i doubt thats the cause. When you do get a good look towards the end of her stomach and look for a dark spot, the gravid spot. That'll let you know.

It has a light spot on it's belly...... It looks like it has ick! I'm treating the main tank for about three days but my fish still have ick(2)......

It's obviously big, but probably need a better picture to say anything for sure.

Looks like the ick is gone after treatment..... It was really scare in the big tank so I put him in a vase and now it's fine.... In the tank is was breathing heavily and wouldn't eat.... It hid behind the filter all day

Back
Top Bottom