Pregnant Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

My platy is preg how will I know when she will birth? She is extremely fat. I went out and got a divider for my 55g. She is on 25% of the end. Doesn't seem to be stressed. I feel bad for her, she is lonely. The male was doing nothing but chasing her. I was afraid he would stress her to much. How long can she safely stay on that side?
I'm stressing right along with her. Lol
Thanks

I will take pics in the morning I want her to remain calm. She was just placed in the divided side this eve. She was scared, poor baby!

Pregnant platy

I would guess 4 wks. I didn't even think of pregnancy until
This last time she was swollen. About 2 wks ago
I thought I over fed but then I guess I didn't pay that close
Attention until a few days ago. I hope I uploaded pics correctly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 85
That pic doesn't show how big she is. She dosent like the camera.

image-560134434.jpg

image-3564252446.jpg

I have her in the 55g sectioned off with divider about quarter of the tank.. I also bought a 10g and set up with half their water and other half treated. I have no gravel or plants in the 10g. Should I move her into the 10g or let her birth where she is? I have a lot of hiding plants in her area of the 55g. Please help!!

Camera%20Awesome%20Photos

My platy just gave birth today and I thought I had more time before I could separate her from the rest of my fish and she got stressed out when I moved her after I noticed she started dropping her babies. I would say it's best to leave her where she is. Just make sure there's some water flow on her side so there's always oxygenated water for her. Also, have some hiding places for the fry so mama can't eat them.

Back
Top Bottom