Pregnant swordtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j5lunny

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday I bought three swordtails: a male and two females. I know that the females will have fry, but I thought I would have to wait a month. But today one of the females stared moping around and hanging out in the tanks plants and and a house in the tank. Is this a sign that she will have fry soon?

So should a just keep her in the main tank and let the fry hide in plants or would be better for the fry if the mother is in a different tank? If she gets stressed will that harm the unborn fry?

So should a just keep her in the main tank and let the fry hide in plants or would be better for the fry if the mother is in a different tank? If she gets stressed will that harm the unborn fry?

image-4029180636.jpg

This is the possibly pregnant swordtail. Does she look preg. Someone help! This is the first time I have done this

Doesn't look pregnant but looks stressed with the dark color and how the fins are clamped, provide more hiding spots and let it spawn naturally in the tank

Back
Top Bottom