Prego or not???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep she is:) looks like about another week until the drop, could be less. Congrats!

So I found one but she is still pretty big how long till they all come out lol

Your Molly

I bought this Molly from my lfs what you think prego?
View attachment 232321

Hello early...

If you bought a female, you can just about bet the farm she'll have fry at some point in the next month. Livebearing fish are typically raised together. This way they have a lot of little ones and the fish farms make more money.

Keep the tank water extremely clean and add some floating plants. Tanks 30 gallons and smaller need half the water changed every week. The larger tanks can usually go a couple of weeks between the 50 percent water changes. Smaller water changes aren't worth the effort and don't do much to keep a stable water chemistry. If you get the gear out to change the water, then change a lot. The fish and plants will appreciate it.

B

She has already given birth to two just now thx for the advice

I already have my lfs guy that's gonna buy them for a buck apiece

I have my hands full with premature mosquito fish fry11 of them:

I put them in this container after I removed the fancy guppies:

they are in the 10g at 82f and they have an air stone in there to keep good aeration. what happened was the temp got to 86f and so one of my females dropped. I got everything to normal now. whish me luck XD.

Last edited:
yea sorry I posted then internet stopped working and then I had reposted to find out that it went through XD. they are premature because they still have a large yolk sac so I have to recreate the womb basically for them. which I have done before a long time ago XD. but no worries.

Last edited:
well 11 died but she still gave birth to more even with a lower temp I think its cause it was her first batch because it was just her. crossing fins that my redesign of the womb works.

yea its just weird I'm so use to corries and egg layers I've lost my touch with live bearers XD. and with the fancies I can just let them be cause they don't eat all the fry. and I have plenty of hiding spots but with the mosquito fish the males are young and harass the females that's why I separated them. and it was over night that the temp went up and today being hot didn't help either.

Ya it's hard to get the temp right in tx with the weather changing all the time .

well they all died but I still have some females that are ready to give birth any day now. hopefully it goes well without a hitch.

Back
Top Bottom