prenant platy? move her or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trisha04

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok. So question. Or two.. I am pretty sure my platy is pregnant. The male keeps chasing her around the tank n nudging at her. Would it be safe to move her into another tank by herself until she has her fry? Ive been reading around n I keep seeing that I need to have plenty of plants for bottom and top of the tank. Is this true? I am not sure how prego she is so not sure when she will give birth. So I want to move her when I can but I dont want to harm her in the process. This is the first time I have ever bred any fish. So im am clueless. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

transferring her to another tank would stress her out and maybe she will stop her pregnancy.. Adding more plants and females will reduce the chasing..

If I keep her in there it would not be harmful to the fry? There are 10 other fish in the tank. I thought u were supposed to have female separate from other fish

If you want to, you can..
For me, transfer her to nursery tank when you know that she is nearly to give birth..

Back
Top Bottom