Proud grandma of 1000+ jaguar fries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Elizabeth

Aquarium Advice Regular
i bought a baby jaguar 4 months ago and when it got bigger arond 4"i placed it inside a 50gal tank with my 8"male jag. i was surprised 1 day when i saw 1000+ eggs in their pot. now the wrigglers are out and i don't know what to feed them... they've been out of the eggs for 2 days only and still have their sacs. this is my first time in jaguar fry care and i need all the help i can get from you guys :D

id go with the brine as well...i dont know much about jaguars, but i do know fry in general...i know the lfs near me sells "first bites" its fry food...really tiny stuff...u could give that a try

good luck with ur new additions :wink: :D

Congratulations!
Better find a market for'em and with a quickness...
They'll be eating you out of house and home before you know it :lol: .
I wish I could take one (only one) off your hands.

if only i can give each of you a baby but my country is so far away, i hope i'd be able to make most of them survive... :D i love jags, they are very aggressive but really great parents... the male almost bit me yesterday when i'm doing a little water change... awesome fish. thanks for the advice, i'm hoping for more infos :D

Congrats on the fry. Jaguar cichlid have exceptional colortaion, they rae my favorite central american cichlid.

JMHO

wow congrats on the little ones dont u just love to watch baby fish... i dont even care what kind... i hope to have some more baby bettas soon*crosses fingers* wish me luck

Rudy_627 said:
whoo hoo! how long was the gestation period?

i think they hatched after 3 days or less, i only learned that my jags had eggs when i noticed the male trying to attack me everytime i went near the tank and the female was guarding the stoneware. you couldn't see the eggs because they're so transparent.... it's been 3 days i think since they've hatched and still feeding on their sacs, they can not swim yet, i think they would once they're a week old :D

Back
Top Bottom