Questions on Cory fry Breeding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok well I have 4 cories and 2 of them look farely big but one looks really big, I know if they breed or whatever they make some T thing then I will see eggs on like the side of the aquarium or on stuff er something.

But anyways I wanted to know like if I know for sure when i'm going to get eggs, what to do with them, what to feed the fry, ect. I just want to know everything.

Somone please help me and be very detailed.

I've done a lot of reading but have no real experience with cory breeding. The T formation is a situation where the female basically looks like she is pushing the male from the side. It is a position they are in when the female releases her eggs. She then carries the eggs in her pelvic fins and places them on an object, often the tank's glass. Cory breeders typically will keep more males than females when they are trying to breed them and will change the water frequently to promote breeding. Techniques seem to vary between breeders with some removin the eggs to a separate tank to raise them manually while others try to raise the fry in the breeding tank. The fry do not need feeding until they absorb their yolk sac. Food for a newborn free swimming fry is typically walter worms or banana worms followed a few days later by microworms and then moving on to baby brine shrimp. Eventually they get big enough to take some ground up flake and more traditional foods.

I've done a lot of reading but have no real experience with cory breeding. The T formation is a situation where the female basically looks like she is pushing the male from the side. It is a position they are in when the female releases her eggs. She then carries the eggs in her pelvic fins and places them on an object, often the tank's glass. Cory breeders typically will keep more males than females when they are trying to breed them and will change the water frequently to promote breeding. Techniques seem to vary between breeders with some removin the eggs to a separate tank to raise them manually while others try to raise the fry in the breeding tank. The fry do not need feeding until they absorb their yolk sac. Food for a newborn free swimming fry is typically walter worms or banana worms followed a few days later by microworms and then moving on to baby brine shrimp. Eventually they get big enough to take some ground up flake and more traditional foods.

Yeah thanks, after I posted the thread I did some online research and found basically all of that. Thanks though great info!

Back
Top Bottom