Rainbow Blue Wagtail Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Had 6 in a QT and hadn't got around to moving them when I noticed babies. There are at least 3, maybe 5.

They are the only fish other than a few young "teenager" guppies. And a few snails. (32G)

Today one fish looks somewhat squared and fat. So possible new batch coming. I added more cover and moss for the babies.

Guess my question would be are these guys like guppies and have babies constantly or did i just get a crazy group. Never even crossed my mind about the babies lol. Can probably sell or trade them, but anyone else have these guys? Is this just what they do...all the time? :facepalm:

Haven't really kept Platy before. After having this happen, I think I know the answer. Since I have never seen them from people trying to get rid of them (unlike guppies!), hadn't even thought about the baby problem. :eek:

Platys, guppies, swordtails and mollies are all pretty much the same as far as care.

You could probably freecycle them if graigslist doesn't work.

Platys, guppies, swordtails and mollies are all pretty much the same as far as care.

You could probably freecycle them if graigslist doesn't work.

Yes thank you. :facepalm: They are really pretty and blue. I will save a bunch for my mom and see what happens after that, maybe I can figure out male and female pretty soon! :blink: lol

Back
Top Bottom