Rainbowfish fry, boesemani and turquoise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long do they take to grow? These guys still look sooo tiny....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1388690949503.jpg
    1388690949503.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 147
I mean like when might they start looking like rainbowfish? Anybody have any experience with these kinds of fry?

Ok good so not too long then. Its only been like a week and a half I think lol.

I noticed a planaria infestation, yuck. Its a bare bottom 5 gallon tank and I use a little bit of airline tubing to suction the sludge off bottom and put a couple Malaysian trumpet snails in to eat leftover food. Hard to keep excess food off the ground in a fry tank.

I want to put these guys in my 55 gallon when they get big enough.

Rainbow fry are really hardy and easy to raise. It will take a while before they are gorgeous and colorful like their parents. Of course they will do best on live foods but will readily accept prepared foods. I keep my breeding group in a 55 and it's a perfect size for them. When I trim back the hornwort I put the trimmings in a small fry tank and within a couple weeks I have a new batch of fry.

Thanks for the input! I used a home made spawning mop and after a few days moved the mop to a hatching tank, so im not sure if these are boesemani or turquoise or hybrids. They arent for selling but if it works out im going to set up a tank to rotate the boesemani and turquoise through for spawning separately. Ill let them spawn a few days then take the mop to a fry tank, and repeat with the others so I can breed pure turquoise and pure boesemani.

Back
Top Bottom