Raising fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, would decor like a little castle and stuff be good for the fry? Or do I still need more plants?

Also, would decor like a little castle and stuff be good for the fry? Or do I still need more plants?

I would keep it heavily planted. That's how I did my fry tank. Live mosses etc. and I have a cholla log with live moss on it.

Check for a pre-filter sponge. That will do the job.....

Attachments

• 2010_01210137.jpg
    2010_01210137.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 32
  • foam-pre-filter-replacement.jpg
    foam-pre-filter-replacement.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 29
Yes, that is what Dyl1234 advised I do. Where would I buy the same one in the picture you posted?

Thanks!
This the mesh guard. Either will do, but I think you have to have the right measurements of your intake. The sponges are universal and will fit any intake, they stretch. They are probably a bit cheaper too. Just check ebay or your LFS probably has them. I use the fluval brand....

Attachments

• 541423320_247.jpg
    541423320_247.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 40
This the mesh guard. Either will do, but I think you have to have the right measurements of your intake. The sponges are universal and will fit any intake, they stretch. They are probably a bit cheaper too. Just check ebay or your LFS probably has them. I use the fluval brand....

Alright, thanks! I think I'll go with the sponge.

Back
Top Bottom