Rcs eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakerBoy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I had two pregnant rcs and now one of them no longer has eggs but I can't see the babies? I put in green water and they are in about a one gallon tank. Maybe 1 1/2. So how long until I can see the babies? Or do I have to wait until the eggs hatch? I have shells in the tank so they could be in there.

Ok so I had two pregnant rcs and now one of them no longer has eggs but I can't see the babies? I put in green water and they are in about a one gallon tank. Maybe 1 1/2. So how long until I can see the babies? Or do I have to wait until the eggs hatch? I have shells in the tank so they could be in there.

Do you have plants, could be hiding in them. Babies usually either swim or rest on items mid range in tank. I sometimes spot them on leaves, but never under things. They need to be in the open water column to grab food. Food must be powdered btw. Finely ground fish flakes are good.

I heard they needed green water? And they only thing in there are shells. There's two of them that are pretty big. But back to the food. They need powered food right when they're off their mom? Or is it green water and then powered food?

But your the one that told me they needed green water. Haha I'm so confused. So what exactly is it I should do? And I saw a couple on the tank. I can really only see the tiny black eyes at first.

Not for RCS, ghost shrimp need green water but RCS come out as miniature versions of the adults so they don't need any special treatment. We may have gotten the species mixed up or something.

Probably so because I have come to you with nearly all of my questions. So I could of just left them in their own tank? All that's in there is rcs so nothing will eat them. And they really don't have a free swimming stage?

Alright seems so much easier. Haha I should have done this in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom