Red Cherry Shrimp Dropping Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

springy14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i have a shrimp tank which consists of Amano and Red Cherry Shrimp, this morning on my daily check, noticed a bundle of yellow eggs hanging from a java fern in my tank, i believe this is RCS eggs, Will they survive and hatch without being with a fanned by the mother. I have had many "Berried" RCS but none have dropped there eggs. Many Thanks

If that plant is directly in the filter current and gets aeration maybe, but it's not nearly as likely, in fact the other shrimp may just get a very nutritious snack

I have two air filters, did read else where it may be just "bad parenting" who knows then

Got a QT? Maybe transfer the eggs till they hatch. Havent bread them, but looking forward to it. Other. Opinions?

The eggs seemed to "disappear" over night somehow but luckily i see more berried shrimp ^^

Shrimp drop their eggs sometimes if they are stressed or if something happens to them. I've also read that young shrimp can drop eggs sometimes also. Hope the new berried ones hold on to em!

Ahh i see i did transfer them into a new bigger tank about 2 weeks before i saw the eggs so that may be the case. Yeah hopefully will update when necessary :)

Back
Top Bottom