Red zebra holding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruip

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a red zebra that I thought was a male but about a month ago it looked like it was holding eggs. It didn't eat for about 4 days then the poofy mouth and the eggs were gone now today I just notice it has poofy mouth again and it is deff holding eggs I can see them in its mouth. Also its vent was sticking out like she just laid the eggs like 5 min ago. She is being verry protective of her cave. My question is I'm not sure for one...if its deff a female and if so I'm not sure who would of mated with her...

Ok here's a little twist in my situation with this red zebra.....I saw it lay eggs the other night so I was like ok its deff a female. But I just got home and turned on the light and that same zebra holding eggs was acting like a male...how you may ask? Well it was doing the shacking thing males do to attract females...everytime one of other fish swam by(not sure if female or male) it would tilt itself a little and shake its fin like my male redtop hongi does every time the female hongi swims by...I'm supper confused...do I have a female or a male? Or is it possible its both?

Back
Top Bottom