Removing Gbr eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict
My rams have dug up the tank as they do and ignore the rocks you conveniently place for them to spawn on. They've dug a big pit and so far laid about 50 eggs in the last two hours. I'm wanting to remove the eggs and raise them that way. The substrate they're laid in is fluval strat so what's the best north of for removal. I have those 5ml pipettes you use in science classes an work like an eye dropper with larger intake, can I use that to collect them I normally use it to feed brine shrimp and mozzie larvae.

Also is a clean 2-3L ice cream bucket ok to raise them in till they are large enough to go into another tank. I have a spare power head and internal filter that I can use to oxygenate the tank so they don't go bad on me. For water temp I was thinking I could secure it to float on the surface of my tank as it doesn't have a lid.

I have food covered as I'm also raising killi fry too at the moment.

Really determined to try and raise them. Plus I want to replant the myaca stems that were dug up....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom