Removing white angelfish eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Szabbath

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am writing in to ask if I should try to remove the unfertilized white eggs from the spawning pot or just leave them? I am asking because my angels have spawned now for the 4th time and a lot of this batch turned white. Iam wondering if i should take the chance of disturbing the parents by removing the dead eggs because they dont seem to be this time, Their 1st batches didt go so well but the one before this they almost had a few turned into swimmers before they ate them. This time more than half of them it looks like didnt fertilize.

If this spawn was not good I would just leave them be, and let them try again.

You could try hand-rearing the eggs but it can be very frustrating and is very time consuming. I had angels that laid for 2 years and never got it right. Not a lot of angels have very good parental instincts.

Maybe I should have clarified that you raise the remaining eggs or the next batch.

I meant, after the fish lay eggs your hand raise all living ones, such as removing the slate after your pair has finished, because not all angelfish are brilliant parents. Hand raising eggs in the same idea of fostering neonatal kittens or puppies, of course you do not raise dead ones but instead work to raise the remaining healthy brood due to lack of parents or other circumstances.

I’m glad to clear it up for you, I’ve bred angels before so if you’d like to make any more comments or have any questions I’d be glad to answer

Back
Top Bottom