Serpae fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankGirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was peeking into a cave in my 55 and who should come out to greet me but a tiny red serpae fry! I don't know how many are in there but it is a very inaccessible cave to any of the larger fish in the tank. I am so excited, because with the cory cats, angel fish, dwarf gourami, and well, feisty adult serpaes, fry are not anything I look out for in this tank. An adult came up and almost nailed the little guy but he scooted off just in time. I dropped some ground up flake right into the opening of the cave (which is right almost touching the glass) and he had a nice snack.

Reminds me of the time I had white cloud fry in a tank that was sitting with no fish in it, and I had planned to use the water for my plants but had procrastinated. I saw a couple of darting specks and now the big happy family is residing in my 55. Sometimes a bit of judicious neglect goes a long way! :wink:

I hope he doesn't become a snack for one of the adults.
He very well might, as the more I search the more it looks like he is the onliest one. If he stays where he is now (smart little bugger...*sniff* Momma's so proud of you, baby!) he should be in good shape. This catfish corner is pretty safe for fry.

Back
Top Bottom