She's huge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leannaby

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395995725.008870.jpg seriously my female guppy is massive.. When will she drop.. How many fry can the average guppy have ?? Do you know of the most fry a guppy has had ?

Woah. She can drop any time. They will hold their fry until the water is just right, or she could drop now.

Haha. I've been thinking that about my balloon molly, and she's been squared for about two weeks now. She looks like she's gonna pop! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396000085.760315.jpg

My guppy gave birth to over 60 fry at one time. She was giving birth during the day and I don't use a breeder net so I was able to catch most of them.

Note: As long as you have a male in the tank your guppies will always be pregnant and can give birth up to 4 different times (once every month) without any males in the tank.

You are just gonna have to wait until she's ready. She will give birth eventually. Water quality could be one of the reasons why she hasn't given birth yet. Stress can be another reason...

Back
Top Bottom