Silver Molly (is she ready to give birth?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vickythelizard

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Urgent please! Silver Molly (is she ready to give birth?)

Hi everyone. Im a first time poster here and its quite a special occasion for me. I have been keeping tropical fish now for about 3 months. Approx 3 weeks ago I bought two Silver Mollies both are female and were kept in a tank with males at the Aquatic Shop I bought them from.

I became aware that one of the Silver Mollies in particular is much larger than the other one, they were both about an inch long when I purchased them but now much larger.

One molly is getting extremely large and its obvious to me that she is pregnant, shes huge and I am assuming she was pregnant when I purchased her.

Could anyone give me any hints as to when she could pop?
I currently have her sat in a breeding trap as she has been quite aggressive towards the other female mollies but now is just sat there swimming in one spot which is very unusual for her and I am hoping she might give birth very soon.

Could someone take a look at my picture and give an estimate? Shes very round (width ways) and quite straight on the front.

Shes not a balloon molly.

Any estimates?
- Thanks

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 104
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 88
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Any advice? I dont want to keep her in the breeding trap if shes not going to give birth anytime soon. To me she looks square framed, opinions & advice wanted please.

Give it about a week or so. When the bottom of her belly looks flat or square and she stops eating those are sure signs that it will only be days til birth

Back
Top Bottom