Small Yellow Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Promisedsin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I woke up this morning to find two small clutches of tiny yellow eggs(?) in my java moss. I cant get a good picture but I'm still trying. They look like shrimp eggs but I don't think shrimp lay eggs? I know my cherry shrimp don't.

Anyone have any idea? I already know its not the nirite snails, MTS, rainbows, & amano shrimp. I also don't believe they are from the cory cats or the kuhli loaches. Could it be that one or two of the cherry shrimp for whatever reason released their eggs?

img_1184301_0_17466ebc8ac27ed28b6b5a293af9f293.jpg

Last edited:
(4) Furcata Rainbows
(6) Pygmy Cories
(1) Peppered Cory
(3) Similis Cories
(4) Kuhli Loaches
(3) Horned Nirates
(4) Amano Shrimp
(???) Cherry Shrimp
(???) MTS

The eggs are not on the glass they are on java moss.

I'm pretty sure it's not the furcatas, they're "mop spawner" and their eggs don't look like that.

I know it's not the shrimp, either type, nor the snails. I have nerite eggs in my tanks and they don't cluster them, they lay the all over everywhere.

Not sure on the kuhlis but I doubt it. Again, they don't look like what I'm seeing online.

My best guess is the corys.

From what i know of cory eggs though it certainty is weird. I moved them into the mesh spawning box thing that i have that hangs inside the tank. Hopefully they will hatch. :D

Those are absolutely not cory eggs. Cory eggs are round, semi-transparent, and normally left on glass.

They look more like the eggs my red cherry shrimp carry, the shape and size are right (if that's a single strand of java moss that they're hanging on, then you can imagine how small they are). Yellow in the pic here, but a bit on the yellow-greenish side in real life. The odd thing is that when my shrimp drop their eggs, they tend to scatter and not lump up in one spot.

If I find one of my forum pics, I'll link to it.

edit: here's the cory egg link. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/cory-fry-pics-114654-2.html#post993802

Here's a pic I may have uploaded before, couldn't find it on AA. Note the eggs.

84--WYTY3l64xOW9NTstT5Ge5S_DN_7uWpawLjci5dc

Attachments

• DSC_0732.jpg
    DSC_0732.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 190
Those are absolutely not cory eggs. Cory eggs are round, semi-transparent, and normally left on glass.

They look more like the eggs my red cherry shrimp carry, the shape and size are right (if that's a single strand of java moss that they're hanging on, then you can imagine how small they are). Yellow in the pic here, but a bit on the yellow-greenish side in real life. The odd thing is that when my shrimp drop their eggs, they tend to scatter and not lump up in one spot.

If I find one of my forum pics, I'll link to it.

edit: here's the cory egg link. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/cory-fry-pics-114654-2.html#post993802

That is exactly what i was thinking. Thank you :D

Back
Top Bottom