Snail breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 3 inca snails and 2 mystery snails. I want to breed the incas but not sure about breeding or anything. All I know is there has to be a partner with both kinds and I dont know how to sex them :( any snail breeders? Advice?tips?

Idk of its the Same with all snails but i think on applesnails.net I believe they have a simple way to sex the mystery snails... But again I am not sure If all snails are like that.

For apple snails, make sure your tank is not completely filled with water, the apple snails lay eggs on a side of the top tank that has no water contact.

I have three apple snails that I raised when they were the size of a dime, now they are about the size of a half dollar and had no chance of breeding yet.

Cornstar said:
For apple snails, make sure your tank is not completely filled with water, the apple snails lay eggs on a side of the top tank that has no water contact.

I have three apple snails that I raised when they were the size of a dime, now they are about the size of a half dollar and had no chance of breeding yet.

Thanks!! How much should I lower water?

Thanks! How do I lessen the noise on my filter? It is kinda beating down on my fish you could say. Got it down 1inch and a half will remove more water tomrrow.

Thanks! How do I lessen the noise on my filter? It is kinda beating down on my fish you could say. Got it down 1inch and a half will remove more water tomrrow.

Put a sponge where the flow hits the water. It will soften the sound.

Also if it happens to Lay eggs near the lid be very careful openin and closing. I wasn't and the eggs pre maturely fell in and drowned. Also make sure the eggs stay moist.

Boogety48 said:
Put a sponge where the flow hits the water. It will soften the sound.

How do I make it stay?? The sponge that is.

maddybrat said:
Also if it happens to Lay eggs near the lid be very careful openin and closing. I wasn't and the eggs pre maturely fell in and drowned. Also make sure the eggs stay moist.

Do I wet the eggs a little everyday or what?? :0

How do I make it stay?? The sponge that is.

You can try to use a rubber band to hold it in place or try to cut a hold in it and stick your intake tube through it so that it stays. You'd have to have a long enough sponge for that one. Mumma.of.two has a sponge in her tank for the flow to hit.

Boogety48 said:
You can try to use a rubber band to hold it in place or try to cut a hold in it and stick your intake tube through it so that it stays. You'd have to have a long enough sponge for that one. Mumma.of.two has a sponge in her tank for the flow to hit.

Great thanks saw some pics of how mumma did it and I see she helped explain too !! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom