Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Snail breeding

Around 9 months ago I purchased a few blue Leopard rams horn snails. At first they breeding well but due to adverse tank conditions they stoped growing to full size for a wile. I now have them back on track and hope to selectively breed Them to high quality. I would like to hear about any other snail breeding projects maybe we can exchange insight. thank you I will try to help with any questions

Old 09-25-2020, 12:46 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

My snails are mostly Red Ramshorns now which I keep and try to make them happy enough to grow, produce well to share. Also have a couple Blues which are just now breeding (only had one large and one tiny baby or 2 back in January)

My situation is I have 0 to 1 KH. Mine tend to grow fairly well to about a 1/4 to 1/3 inch and that is about it. Since that water parameters, I have mostly tanks which prefer lower pH. Not great for their shells.

In my plastic outdoor 125G pond (don't have it presently) the RH snails would get big, almost to the size of a dime. Because I let it evaporate and just added more water so there would be much higher TDS. Plenty of plants made the water quality good.

I love the Leopard RH. Share pics please!!!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breed, breeding, snail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com