Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishthekitty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can nitrite snakes reproduce asexually? I went to clean my filter today and found it has become home to dozens of tiny sails I haven't bought any new things for my aquarium in over six months but I do have a nitrite snail and I clean my filter every months so I figure if I did happen to get snails with my plants six months ago then I probably would have seen them by now ... To be honest I'm a lil confused but happy because now I have snails for my catfish because he loves then and my lfs won't sell me pest snails or any small enough for him to eat

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol snails my phone can't get it right today and I'm planning on it cuz even though most say it's bad to have pest snails I feel that with my community it could be very good to have them I have goldfish, a small koi some tiger loaches, catfish and angelfish and various types of plecos

Oh and rainbow shark and an albino red fin shark

IRC, nerite snail eggs won't hatch in freshwater. If you suspect the snails came as hitchhikers from a plant purchase then these might be pond snails.

I have had 4 nerites in my tank for years and they lay eggs all the time but have never hatched.

Well I don't think they can be hitchhikers cuz I haven't put anything new in the tank for at the very least six months and what gets put in one tank gets put in my other tank as well and my other tank doesn't have anything I just thought it was interesting that they are only in the tank with the nitrite maybe it's coincidence but I figured I would see what I could find out on here who knows maybe some of them will make it to a size where I can actually tell what they are. Lol sorry bout the book with no periods.

Back
Top Bottom