Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Something white coming out of Mollies

Hi everyone, Iím new here and had a question.

For a bit of background, I got my two mollies ~3 weeks ago and all has been pretty well. Tuesday the 19th I woke up and this mollie in the image had given birth to at least 10 fry (6 were eaten by the time I came home and I ended up donating the remaining 4). Last night I noticed one of my fish had given birth to 3 more fry so I separated the babies in a net and this morning woke up to one more so I have 4 in total in the net. Now Iím not sure which molly have birth to the four fry, but this Molly in the image looks like thereís a little white something sticking out of her and Iím concerned it may be a lodged baby. These are my first fish and Iím trying to take all the extra precautions to make sure theyíre happy so Iíd appreciate any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08DE0940-D661-41ED-BCE3-8DDE4CCB8E59.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	316854  

Old 06-15-2020, 10:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My platy gave birth around three months ago and she had a white bump like that on the anal vent. It's not a baby (which you probably figured out since it's been a while). It's nothing to worry about; it's just stretched since she gave birth.

Tags
mollie, mollies, white

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com