Spawing Bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vysekal

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I have 2 betta females 1 is betta splendens and the other 1 is betta imbellis both of them are ready for spawning due to vertical lines on their bodies, they had been fed with live food like blood worm and brine shrimps, so as the male, but I cant make the male to make the bubble nest, my breeding fish tank include 8 live plants, small cave by the corner, no gravel, my tank is 40 litres big, tank is kept in 27-28 degrees Celsius, using heater, tank is filtered well and water quality is suitable for breeding, but he still doesn't want to build a bubble nest even through he had flared with both females :'(
Any advice?? Many thanx

Do you have any floating plants? I did it a few years ago...the male would like something on the surface that he can build under...I used a styrofoam cup! How long have they been showing signs of readiness? Is it his first attempt?

Females have been ready for 2 weeks and yes I have styrofoam cup and few plant floating on the water surface :/

If it's his first time, it my take him a while to figure it out...

It might just take a while then :) hopefully someone else will come in and give you more advice

It's all sorted now I had increased the water temperature by 1 degree and my female turned to be short fined male and started to build bubble nest over the night :D

idk a few yrs back i had small cube tank no filter tho

the tank was separated male and female
the male would jump to the female side since the barrier
was small he would jump to the female and harass her

he did the bubble thing and mated with the female had about 60 or more fry

idk if you got a filter or something that can off set the male
making the nest

I have sponge filter :/ so when or if the fries hatch they can eat micro-organism that has stuck on the filter :) that was advice that I had found on the internet

Back
Top Bottom