Spawning and springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know I have joked about spring time bringing on extra breeding, but am beginning to wonder if fish aren't similar to cats in that respect. Since the beginning of April, 4 electric yellows have been holding, one just this week! For several months before this, nothing! Anyone else experience an increase in spawning behaviour in spring?

I'm having just the oppeset. There was spawning going like every 11days. Nw the only thing spawning is my Kribs. There for awhile it was Ap. Panduro, AP. Cockatoo, GBR's, Ap. Agiss. now it's just the kribs. I wish The spring would bring n extra spawning. I could sure use it.

I also notice an increase in spawning in springtime with my keyhole cichlids. Last time was october last year, and now, beginning of april they spawned again!
I'm guessing they do somehow still have a feel for the change in seasons.....It's just an assumption though.

IMO seasonal change does affect spawning frequency. Perhaps it something to do with atmospheric pressure.

Thank goodness you guys! I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. Well I have but at least not over this. Oh and if you see my mind anywhere, please return it, it's lost. :lach:

Don't you have to have one before you can lose it???
J/k LMAO lol

Back
Top Bottom