Still no babies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bought this beautiful platy today.. and she is full to the gills of babies.. also bought a male molly and male guppy to straighten out the pecking order in the tank.. to many females

View attachment 175720
Yeah she is very nice. I used to have one that colour, I love the solid orange coloured platies. I have been on the look out for another one but can't get one like that around here.
You'll soon have tons of fry with all those pregnant fish....haha

Yeah she is very nice. I used to have one that colour, I love the solid orange coloured platies. I have been on the look out for another one but can't get one like that around here.
You'll soon have tons of fry with all those pregnant fish....haha

Thats what im hoping for... :) i have a few people who already want a number of the fry that i manage to save and the rest will go to the lfs that i buy from. Funny thing is they rarely get in dalmations so i am mostly concerned about mine because they are my biggest asset for the company... im sooo hoping they come soon. Btw.. what age is a fish considered juvenile?

Thats what im hoping for... :) i have a few people who already want a number of the fry that i manage to save and the rest will go to the lfs that i buy from. Funny thing is they rarely get in dalmations so i am mostly concerned about mine because they are my biggest asset for the company... im sooo hoping they come soon. Btw.. what age is a fish considered juvenile?
That's great that they have homes to go to. You'll have that conveyor belt of fry going in no time. Once you get the first batch, the others will follow in no time.
A fish is considered a juvenile when;
"They have developed to the point where are they capable of feeding themselves, the fish are called fry. When, in addition, they have developed scales and working fins, the transition to a juvenile fish is complete" (quoted from Wikipedia)....

Two sure signs that she's gonna give birth very soon. A day or two I would say.....

Agreed.. give it a day or two. Sure signs.. she staying near the warmth for the fry and stopping eating means its gonna happen soon. Make sure the lights are off at night.. thats when it usually happens..

Finally some good signs. And yes I keep all the lights off at night.

Yeah I was surprised at 2 o'clock in the morning my fish were acting crazy and I turn on the lights to find them chasing Fry around the tank

I would remove the fish then, to leave the fry in peace.

I would remove the fish then, to leave the fry in peace.

Was that to me? I have 14 fish.. that would be hard to do just to safe some fry.. i do survival of the fittest and i saved 4 fry and put them in the trap.. that was all that was left

Thanks! I have found 30 but who knows how many got eaten overnight lol and i already have 4 guppies.. most of them got eaten

Back
Top Bottom