Still Waiting on Platy Fries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JourReve08

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I feel like she should have given birth a week ago! She looks like she is due any minute now, right?!

Attachments

• tumblr_miqywhYtR51qb5km5o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_miqywhYtR51qb5km5o1_500.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 50
I was also wondering if anyone could tell me the likelihood that her babies will survive to maturity. I don't have the tank space to raise a dozen fry so I'm not going to put her in a breeder net or separate tank, but I do have a floating log decoration and a nest of micro sword grass floating in the tank with plenty of small hiding spots, but no sponge on the filter. The tank is 10 gallons with good water conditions. With her is 6 cherry barbs and 3 julii cory cats. Any chance nature will be kind and one or two babies might find there way to the hiding spots and survive? Or should I not get may hopes up?

The tank that you have seems pretty full right now as it is so if the fry do survive then you might want to get a bigger tank.

Surprisingly AqAdvisor tells me I'm actually only 70% stocked at the moment, but yes, if any survive I am definitely planning to upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom