Surprise brichardi fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Endgame319

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was redecorating the brichardi tank, when I found 20-30 new fry, I dont have any brine shrimp ready, and they look like they used up the egg sacs already. What should I feed them?, I dont think I have time to hatch any shrimp.

Make fish food "flour" out of flake - just grind it up as fine as possible and suspend it in some water, then use a turkey baster to squirt it in the right place.

Congratulations, and I am sure they will do well - I have a special place in my heart for brichardi! :D

Mortar and pestle works best...

If you don't have one, take a small round boll, and a blunt object such as the end of a hammer, or a doorknob. Use that as the pestle.

My husband gave me this trick, but it works best on small pelleted food (which would work for you, also) - take a metal spoon, like a larger soup or dessert spoon, and put the food in, then take a smaller spoon, like a teaspoon, and nest it overtop, grinding the two together. This will pulverize whatever is between.

i heard you could put the food in a bag and crush whatever you see is bigger than the rest. then you stick a toothpick in the tank (the tip) and then dip it in the bag and get a little food then dip it back in the tank again. havent used this but ive heard it works well

I used tankgirls method and crushed up some cichlid pellets, and they seem to be eating them. The juveniles are helping take care of the babies, its hilarious!

You could also try boiled egg yolk.

Works great and is teeny tiny, just right for egg layers young.

Boil an egg, get a very small portion of egg yoke, mix with water and use a turkey baster to "place" in front of them. Put the rest of the egg yoke in a plastic bag and put back in the frig and use it again in a few hours. You should feed them several times a day. The boiled egg yoke will last for a week or so in the frig.

Hikari makes something called "First Bites" thats excellent for any type of fry: the stuff looks like a powder and just floats through the water column, allowing the fry to either grab the stuff as it passes by OR "hunt" it like little predators.;)

I got some pics of the dad and fry up. I tried to get some juvies in the pic too but they run for cover when I come near with the camera, and I could get a clear picture of them.

brichardim1.JPG

brichardim3.JPG

And my rainbow shark :p

rbowshark.JPG

Back
Top Bottom