Surprise Platy Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelf

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I've had baby platies in a breeding net for a while they are big so I decided to release them when I look closely there is a small platy swimming with his full colors showing I didn't even know there was more he raised him self in my 49 gallon :) then I put my two Bettas in there so hopefully they will like it

They are so cool looking right after birth. Their eyes are bigger than their bodies

Cool i didnt get to see my first birth till about a year into it its very interesting to watch... Lol hope that doesnt sound to wierd nd creepy.

It actually is its very interesting. I like watching because sometimes they eat their own fry so I prevent that from happening.

It's so fun watching them give birth! :) I watched my first Molly give birth 6 days after I brought her home and I was able to save all of her babies... 43 :)
Since then I've watched diligently and have been pretty successful. I've missed several births but have been able to save fry. Only one time did I miss the birth and miss all the fry. One other time I missed the birth and recovered one fry... Was really sad but I was glad for the one.
I usually watch the females ready to drop like a hawk... I wind up staying up late and checking the tank in the middle of the night.. :)

ocminpin, i do the same thing, staying up too late watching my females...
its really a bad habit when you have to get up for school the next morning, but its so hard to look away! :D

Back
Top Bottom