swollen skirt tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samak85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi. I have a really egg full skirt tetra female in a community tank.
Should I leave her there and leave the whole thing for nature or can I put her in the breeding net with a male?

samak85 said:

Bumping threads is against the forum rules. Anyway are her fins poking out, looking like she's a pinecone? Or is she defiantly holding eggs? I would let her have them in the main tank, either way you'll be lucky if any survive. If you move her she could just release the eggs, plus the tank has to be blacked out on 3 and a half sides. That is because the eggs are lit sensitive.

Fishguy1997 said:
What does bumping threads mean?

It means basically adding post comments such as ' help ' or 'anyone!' plus every time a new thread is created your thread will move down on the page, by bumping your thread it immediately goes to the top of the page.

Samzter said:
It means basically adding post comments such as ' help ' or 'anyone!' plus every time a new thread is created your thread will move down on the page, by bumping your thread it immediately goes to the top of the page.

Oh okay. Thanks!

I hope it's gravid. No fishkeeper ever wants to find that their prized fish is diseased.

Back
Top Bottom