swordtail breeding success

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1873teddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

I am being really successful with my swordtail breeding, to the stage where my wife & I are looking into setting up a new tank to accomodate the fry of different stages, can anyone advise anywhere in the UK where I can get a tank divider which allows the water to flow freely throughout the entire tank so I don't need 2 filters in it.

My problem is that the local store will be inheriting the fish at approx 3 months. As most aware, Swordtails give birth at approximately 4-5 week intervals, so by introducing new born fry to a tank with 2 month old fish, they will be eaten

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I'd make my own acrylic or glass dividers and drill small holes into the side & silicon it in the tank. Most places that sell acrylic & glass will do all this for you when you get it cut.

I'd prefer a temporary solution rather than ruining a good tank by sealing the partition to it, need to get my thinking cap on here methinks hahaha

where in the uk are you from ? . the way i did it was but a sheet of acrylic and aquarium sislicone it in place.you can get the acrylic from local builder shop and cut it to size and you can drill small holes init but not too small as it wont pass througth as good. but then the fry need to be bigger then the holes .. i kept my fry in a breeding trap until they were big enougth not to fit through the holes .

Back
Top Bottom