Swordtail MM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninaround

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have tried to do a little research! I have a male swordtail mickey mouse platy! He is orange! I have a regular female orange mm platy! I am excited to see some fry soon! I am also interested in getting some blue platy! Thinking of a mm platy tank!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120822_114148.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120822_114148.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 59
Fun!!! I love the colour of the platys. My plan is in a balanced ratio: red, gold, blue, green, and all colours of tuxedo platys (they are mostly black). I found that one coloured platys are not as appealing to be as coloured platys with black fins. The black just makes the colours pop and I love that. Thats why I love my tuxedo platys. Also I found after having a few that the blue platys look mostly blueish gray and i would ratjer have a radiant green platy because i want no one to have to guess wheter the fish is grey or blue.... Thanks for letting me voice my wishes lol

Swordtails aren't actually platys. Though they have probably all been cross bred to produce the MM swordtail that you have. One is xiphophorus maculatus and one is xiphophorus helleri.

Back
Top Bottom