tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Werner Smit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, i,m still new to the breeding of tropical fishes...need to learn lots more. So can anybody please tell me how i will know if my neon and black widow tetra are pregnant??

Hi there, i,m still new to the breeding of tropical fishes...need to learn lots more. So can anybody please tell me how i will know if my neon and black widow tetra are pregnant??

Well they are egg sprayers. When they breed they kinda spray their eggs onto the glass or wood or something in the tank and the male fertilizes them. I wouldn't count on raising fry though as they don't provide parental care like cichlids do. They don't get pregnant like live bearers to the best of my knowledge.

Aquarium Fish Breeding

Hello Wer...

Breeding fish is pretty straight forward: You choose healthy fish, those that are active in the tank, good bodies, good color, no blemishes. Buy several fish at a time, 4 to 1 females to males. Maintain pure water conditions. Large, weekly water changes are most important. Feed a good diet: Mostly frozen, a little freeze dried and very little flaked and feed just a bit a couple of times a day. Get an assortment of plants into the tank, both floating and planted.

Larger tanks are preferable to small ones. There's more room for privacy.

That's pretty much it. You don't need to worry about when the fry will arrive, just focus on the above items and you'll be rewarded.

B

Okay will try that, then i have a problem with my plants...most of them dont last long and i have the light that help, plant food and plant health. What els can i do?

Back
Top Bottom