Tetra breeding! Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
A few years ago I bough 3 teteras and they have lived happily in my tank since then. Yesterday I noticed one looked really fat so I kept an eye on it but his morning ( I think it's a she) was being chased by the other two! How can I help reduce her stress I think I have 2 males and 1 female

Bubbles0oO said:
A few years ago I bough 3 teteras and they have lived happily in my tank since then. Yesterday I noticed one looked really fat so I kept an eye on it but his morning ( I think it's a she) was being chased by the other two! How can I help reduce her stress I think I have 2 males and 1 female

Get more tetras. They like schools = 6 fish minimum.

gaby is right, they enjoy schools of at least 6 and their should always be more females to males. if you don't think you could get a few more tetras, try giving the tank more hiding places like adding driftwood or plants.

1: idk what kind it is I got them so long ago but they are dimond shaped with stripes and are a silvery black color

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...82l7l7l0l0l0l0l429l1052l2-1.1.1l3l0&mvs=0#i=4 if it doesn't show it's the fith one

2 how do you know the difference between male and female my lfs sells them as one,

3: I have a cave and lots of plants but they only hide in the plants they share a tank with a swordtail and two Ghost something's, also 2 ghost shrimp

I don't see any eggs could they have been eaten I'm going to look again

it'll be fine if you have plenty of cover i think. just be a little careful of your swordtail or even your ghost shrimp o-o ghost shrimp may or not eat your eggs and will try to grab your fry when they have the chance

So why do you think they are breeding? Also they will not spawn inside the caves. They prefer plants to spawn on.

Back
Top Bottom