The babies are maturing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
A couple of pics of the bolivians after 3 months:

dec122005007.jpg

dec122005005.jpg

They're coloring up nicely, JC! (y)
In the second pic, is that your ludwigia cutting in the lower right hand corner? I'm still amazed that you got it to grow in a low light tank. I wish you would come here and dip your green thumb in my tanks! :D

Looking good. I haven't been here long enough to know: did you spawn a pair to get these as offspring, or did you just buy them very young?

These are pretty fish. But as for me, I'm more partial to the gold rams, I think. There were some at Capitol Aquarium here a while back that were a very pretty shade of gold, with bright red faces. Still, now that I've had some time to research and really think out my stocking plan, I think I'm going to hold off a while before trying any fish that delicate--possibly not even until I get a second tank down the road. So in the meantime, I'll just have to vicariously enjoy other people's rams.

bosk1: I got them from a breeder at my Local Aquarium Club Auction as newly hatched fry. For some reason, no one seemed to be interested and I got them (5) for $5.00. :)

If you look back at pic #1, you will see a German Blue Ram in the background. I guess I have enough pics in sig links to keep you happy until you are ready.

Jchillin said:
bosk1: I got them from a breeder at my Local Aquarium Club Auction as newly hatched fry. For some reason, no one seemed to be interested and I got them (5) for $5.00. .

The monthly GCAS auction that JChillin is referring to is a total blast. :D Where else can you get 5 rams for a dollar apiece? I got my two big angelfish there for $3 - for some reason nobody was bidding on that lot either.

The plant in the bottom corner of pic 2 looks like Alternanthera reineckii. Your fish and tank look great!

Back
Top Bottom