Tiger Barb fry hatched but died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have tried to breed Tiger Barb.
I didn't use breeding tank just separated a half of 46g community tank with plastic canvas. The tank is lightly planted. Water PH probably a bit high around 7. Temperature is 80F.
I had a couple of tiger barbs to lay eggs (parents are out after breeding) and around 36 hours later I saw the fry swimming up and down (20+ of them). But in the morning I didn't see any fry. Not sure whether all have died or not but I have found some on the surface and on the bottom that is not alive.
What are the possible reason for this?

I have tried to breed Tiger Barb.
I didn't use breeding tank just separated a half of 46g community tank with plastic canvas. The tank is lightly planted. Water PH probably a bit high around 7. Temperature is 80F.
I had a couple of tiger barbs to lay eggs (parents are out after breeding) and around 36 hours later I saw the fry swimming up and down (20+ of them). But in the morning I didn't see any fry. Not sure whether all have died or not but I have found some on the surface and on the bottom that is not alive.
What are the possible reason for this?

Your temperature is bit high bring it down to between 26 to 28 c I recommend you get a baby net with a air stone set on low and get baby fish food for fish under 1cm you have to feed fry for the 1st 4weeks 4 to 6 times a day little bits to get them growing. Fry always have to be separated from other fish even from mommy and daddy cause they are everyone's fish food. I will post on my profile pictures of how my breeding tanks look like I don't actually use live plants prefer fake plants its safer.

Back
Top Bottom