To many babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Nowhere

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm curios what people do when you have to many babies? I have quite a few and once they grow up my tank will be quite overstocked. Thx.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A lot of times a LFS will take them or I can give them away to friends or people in town. Lots of people want fish, so they're easy to get rid of!

I had 12 fry living in my community tank and were doing great. I didn't want to see them go because they loved it in there but I had to do what's best for the tank and the rest of the fish and that was take them to my LFS who re-homed them. I no longer have any fish who can breed now as the LFS took them too.

I have peppered cory cats, so far I have 85 babies gone. Also when I lived in Ohio, I used craigslist to get rid of fish, but in Maine no one answered my ad on craigslist.

I have peppered cory cats, so far I have 85 babies gone. Also when I lived in Ohio, I used craigslist to get rid of fish, but in Maine no one answered my ad on craigslist.

What are you charging for them?

do u ship them,,and how much..give me some tips on raising them ive got several id like to know everything to know about it..what they eat everything..i just got threw telling someone how to raise angels..let me know id appreciate it

I breed molly, platy, and guppy. All for specific pairings & colors. Once I feel like we have too many to rationally sell or raise we let them birth in the tank. Survival of the fittest, natural style. Some make it. Some don't. I'm ok with that. We watch to make sure the males don't harass the females towards the end too terribly bad. And remove them if they're naughty.

Back
Top Bottom