Trixie ready to birth!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Have you been up all night?! Your a very dedicated mumma!

It's 1:41pm... She started at 10am when I was walking out the door... Purse in hand... Needless to say... Never left!

absolutangel04 said:
Hooray for fry! So cute!

WHOO HOO!! For once a preggo mama made me go "Whoa..." when I got a look at her belly and and she had them within 36 hrs...
I'm used to my mollies who point and laugh as I stare on...

24... I left and came back to pick out more... It's half bare bottom half marbles so it's easier to catch them.. Took out the rocks...
She's still going... Hard to believe...
Little over 6 hrs now
Can still see some little black eyes near her vent as she pushes on...

ocminpin said:
24... I left and came back to pick out more... It's half bare bottom half marbles so it's easier to catch them.. Took out the rocks...
She's still going... Hard to believe...
Little over 6 hrs now

I can't imagine birthing 24 babies. How many can they have?

Starka said:

My big Molly has 40-60 each batch... But little Trixie is a platy and a small petite girl... As you can see not as big as my male in above pics... I'd imagine 20-40 like average for Mollies. I'm just starting to breed Platies.
She goes from lazily swimming around to being still and slowly flexing her tail up and down (pushing)... To frantic swim up, swim down...

Starka said:

Cool fry!!! ^ mine had 45 platy fry in 1 batch so they can have a lot! Your fry are coolio! :D

Well, she hasn't had any in the last 2 hrs or so... I've got the fry in a separate container with a heater :)

24 seems to be the count for now...

Mom & Dad didn't attempt to eat anyone and they seemed very sweet & gentle the entire time...
Trixie however charged my hand quickly when she saw me attempting to net a baby... It's interesting because everything I've read say live bearers don't have maternal instincts and would just assume to have a free meal...

Trixie and Meringue aren't very social with me... They seem timid and shy...
I've had Meringue since September and Trixie since December... Does this seem usual for Platies? I know my mollies flock to my hand...

Whoo HOO!! I've had Trixie since Christmas and she's given birth twice!
Jan 1st & Jan 31st. :-D

The little ones are swimming about in their container today, slightly more coordinated than yesterday... Less flying full force into the walls today.. Haha.. They seem a lot more curious and active than the last batch. Although the last batch was born into the tank with a ton of Molly Juvie's trying to eat them... So they were pretty scared.

Just finished an 80% PWC and vacc... Couple days before birth I upped the feeding so they would remain fuller... Hence lots of waste and some uneaten food... All seems well.. Trixie and Meringue are behaving as they usually do... Trixie is bright eyed with her top fin up and perky :)

My Oldest Guppies Fry are a week old today but mu other Fry is a week old tommorrow and sunday. They are about this big and they just dont stop eating

Back
Top Bottom