Updating/upgrading my Breeding aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honey-lovin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello again people,

its been a very long time since i have made it back on here to write anything. but i have been slowly building up my breeding tanks, capacity and my skills in breeding.

the following list of tanks are what i have or am in the proccess of setting up.

371L custom aquarium:
(new and cycling) this tank i have in mind to become my community and grow tank for my larger fry (1.5cm+)

200L 4ft aquarium:
I plan to move all of the community to the 371L tank and leave my common bristlenose ( 3x 7cm females, 1x 10cm female and 2x 12cm males) to breed communaly.

1st 2ft 60L aquarium:
I am thinking that i shall adapt this standard 2ft tank into a breeding tank for my long fin albino bristlenose of which i have 1x 10cm male, 2x 9cm females.

2nd 2ft 60L aquarium:
After my gourami fry of around 5-10 mm in size have grown enough i am planning to turn this tank into a communal medium fry tank for those that are to small for the main community tank.

and lastly.

small 30L which i plan to use as a newly born fry tank or spawning tank for the common and LFA bristlenose.

my question is... what does everybody think to this setup. my common and L.F.A bristlenose are very cramped but still having spawns in the community tank but due to the fact that i have a loach family in there, there is only a few babies getting to spawn and be reared.

i would expect that they would both start spawning about 50-100 eggs per month when they are alone.

my aim is to support my adored fish in such a way that they thrive and breed perfectly,
is this setup going to be able to sustain such a large increase of spawning each month untill i can move on the babies?

is there anything that you would do instead.

thanks for reading. and leaving your views.

Back
Top Bottom