Waiting on pregnant guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ToriChii

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
I have two female guppies that I have watched become bigger and fatter over the past 3 weeks or so. I'm looking for confirmation that they (the yellow one especially) are squared off, and maybe estimates about when they might have their fry (see photos). They are still eating and fairly active (although the yellow one is getting slower the bigger she gets), so I know labor isn't coming tonight at least. The male guppy is bugging the yellow one a lot, following her around the tank. I read that that can be a sign of impending labor.
Is there anything I ought to be doing for them other than just the normal feeding and water changes? The tank is planted pretty heavily to allow the fry to hide, and I also have a breeding box and/or a net to put the fry in.
Thanks for your help, I see that this question happens once every day or so, so I apologize for putting yet another post up on the same topic. I'm just a newbie to fish breeding, so I'm a little anxious. Doing all the research I can, though.

Thanks!

Victoria

Attachments

• Yellow1.jpg
    Yellow1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Yellow2.jpg
    Yellow2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Blue1.jpg
    Blue1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: HN1
No need to be anxious, but I can empathize. lol

As long as there is cover for fry and the adults are in clean water and fed... You will have plenty soon. ;)

Not quite squared yet right buy the back fin will lower and look more square and by the looks that should happen soon I'd say you'll have baby in 7- 10 days

Back
Top Bottom