wanna breed snails....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onah

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have fallen deeply in love with these creatures and i would like to start breeding, what do i need, is there anything speacial i should use,i have been reading up more and more, but what do u guys suggest? i really want to do this right. i was thinking mystery(Pomacea bridgesii) but i am still exploring the options.

I think mystery snails are the only ones that there is any real money in. Stuff like MTS sells for around $5 for 50 of them, whereas mystery snails fetch a couple dollars per snail. If you can get some with good colors you could probably do ok.

Just make sure to check the laws in TX to see if you're allowed to transport them across state lines or not. That could be a deal breaker.

coll...

yeah someone else brought that up from here, any idea where i could look that up?

You should join www.applesnail.net-all the info you could ever want!

You can ship P. bridgesii, but you need a permit to send them out of your state. Permits are free and not too hard to get, but you need to do one for every state you might want to ship to.

If you'd like some young snails and/or egg clutches, I'll be happy to send some to you for the cost of postage--PM me if you'd like some. I'll be shipping on Tuesday, October 3...

As far as breeding them, the site above will help and there was another posting about using a styorfoam ring, paper towel and plastic canvas to make a floating breeder ring. It was relal simple and should have worked well. I will see if I can find it but it was a topic named something like snail eggs or something similar.

Here is the topic

:)

hey yeah thanx, i am already a member! thanx though, yeah i have like 10 snails, and get more on wed... so i am hoping they will get it on here pretty soon , i am raisning the temp now that winter is coming along so will have to wait and see, but i would like to chat more with u on the subject of the cluthes, let me know mang thanx!

News flash-I think all my extra snails have homes, but will post a new thread if I have more to send out for postage.

Hi, onah-I did see you on the applesnail forum, and those are some pretty purples you got! I'll PM you about clutches--

Back
Top Bottom