We have Guppy Fry!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabbs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:dance: So one of my females was looking really big and spitting get food so I put her in breeding net and sure enough or popped 20+. I think she still has more as she is still quiet so fingers crossed. Time for another tank I think.

Attachments

• 20130410_150010.jpg
    20130410_150010.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20130410_130014.jpg
    IMG_20130410_130014.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 72
Thanks guys, shenhad about 23 and now my female who is half black is also popping out some as we speak. I'll try and catch a pic and post it. Over 30 new fry all up and 5 week old ones :)

Nice!
I have a couple big mommas, waiting on them to pop. I am just gonna let them have them in the tank tho and see what happens. The male guppies mess with the females so much tho it makes me wonder if they will ever leave them alone long enough to give birth.

Nice!
I have a couple big mommas, waiting on them to pop. I am just gonna let them have them in the tank tho and see what happens. The male guppies mess with the females so much tho it makes me wonder if they will ever leave them alone long enough to give birth.
Never. They are obsessed, if you know what I mean!!!. Chances are they'll see the fry as nice fresh snacks.....

Yep that's why I have loads more female now inno, my male were chasing them to much but now not as much. Hope your mummas give birth soon without too much hassle. My half black female lost 9 as they were still born in their sac but guessing she had about 10.

I have a ton of hiding places for them so hopefully some will survive. I think I will add a couple more females tho and just keep the two males. Its crazy how much they chase them around.

They sure do :) I just went down this morning and got 4 more females I'll post a pic of them later. Three from my first batch are ready to pop so that will be fun. Have your ones popped yet?

Back
Top Bottom